In the physical world Distribution is King and Marketing is Queen. But online its a different ballgame. Online, Content is King and Marketing is (still) Queen.
When business websites first became popular they were merely glorified brochures that basically told your visitors, who, what, why, when, and where about your organization.
A lot of websites are still like that.
However, the Internet has done something that no other medium has been able to provide in the history of business communication tools
Your website and now social media provides a platform for instant feedback. I like to think of it as your greatest sales person.
- It doesn’t go off message.
- It hardly ever has a sick day.
- It always takes the correct information.
- It doesn’t need a nap or a day off. It works 24/7.
- It can speak any language.
- It shows off your work.
- If we do it, it will always be dressed for success. 🙂
We could go on but hopefully you understand that a website is a worthwhile investment not a necessary evil.